Adaptive, Social, Emotional and Behavioural Assessment €650:
If you are not worried about how your child is learning, then they may not need an IQ and learning assessment. In this case, you can have your child’s overall mood, anxiety, social, day to day and behavioural skills assessed on their own. This would involve:
- Examples of the types of things you are seeing that are worrying you.
- A children’s interview, whereby the child would meet with the psychologist to spend some time together for a chat and observations. With younger children, this is play or art based, with older children, discussion is sometimes more appropriate.
- Formal tests using questionnaires. These would assess and screen for mood, anxiety, and behavioural problems as well as ASD and ADHD.
- School or Preschool consultation. This may involve a telephone call or a school visit.
- Following this a detailed psychology report, strengths and needs profile and intervention plan is created for your child.
Psychology Intervention, Support or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with Chartered Psychologist (50 mins €100)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychotherapy or Counselling with an IACP Psychotherapist (50 mins €70)
School Visits €300 (Kilkenny/Carlow):
School visits are where the psychologist goes out and visits the child’s school in order to observe the child and their educational environment, to consult with school staff and support the implementation of a tailored behavioural or learning plan. School visits in Wexford, Kildare, Waterford, Tipperary or Laois are €400.
What type of referrals are most common?
Learning difficulties (e.g. Dyslexia or Dyspraxia)
Autistic Spectrum Disorders
Attention Deficit Disorder/ Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
Emotional and behavioural concerns including mood and anxiety.
Concentration and motivation issues