M.A., B.A., EFPA, PSI M10728
Rebecca graduated with an Honours degree in Psychology & English in 2017 from the National University of Ireland, Galway. During her studies in NUIG, she completed her Erasmus year studying Psychology in Sweden in 2016. Since her teenage years and through her undergraduate degree, Rebecca has done work with organisations and charities such as ALONE, Galway Autism Partnership (GAP) and the Age Action Campaign. She has completed placements as a teaching assistant both in primary schools in Ireland and Sweden, and was also as part of the NUIG Homework Club which was a travelling society providing tutoring and assistance to students across Galway city.
In 2019, Rebecca then went on to complete her MA in Psychology from the University of Limerick. During her time at UL, she helped to set up and facilitate the UL Peer Listeners, a support system for students as a branch of The Samaritans and in conjunction with UL counselling services.
Upon graduating from UL, she received an award from the UL president for her contributions to voluntary organisations throughout the academic year and from the Department of Psychology for outstanding performance in her master’s thesis. Her thesis is currently in the process of being published in an academic journal. Rebecca works at the EPT Clinic, and also does work for the psycho-oncology service in the Mercy Hospital, CO. Cork, and continued research in the University of Limerick
Rebecca’s University Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts International (Psychology & English): National University of Ireland Galway (2013- 2017).
- Erasmus Year (Psychological Studies): Uppsala University, Sweden (2015-2016).
- Master of Art in Psychology (MA Psychology): University of Limerick (2018-2019).
Honors & Awards:
- Bronze Gaisce Award from Gaisce: The President’s Award (2011).
- Awarded the Presidential Volunteer Award from the President of the University of Limerick for contribution to voluntary organisations (2019).
- Awarded ‘Outstanding Performance in Major Research Project’ by the Department of Psychology, University of Limerick (2020).
Specialist Training and Qualifications:
- Introduction to Children’s First: Safeguarding Children – Tusla (2019, 2021)
- Test User Ability Cert (Psychometrics) – British Psychological Society (2019)
- Lámh Sign Language – Module 1: online (2020)
- Professional Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling – PCI College (2020)
- Practitioners Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – IICP (2020)
- Certificate in Somatic Psychology – JFK University (2020)
- Certificate in Social Thinking – Middletown Centre for Autism (2020)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy workshop – IICP College (2021)
- Resilience workshop – IICP College (2021)
- Diploma in Traumatology & PTSD – City Colleges (2021)
- Transference, Transgenerational, Transgender workshop – IICP College (2021)
- Innovations in Suicide Risk Screening & Assessment – APA (2021)
- Presentations delivered in libraries (Waterford, Tipperary & Kilkenny) for National Autism Week (2019).
- Reynolds, , Rogers, D., Crawley, L., Richards, H. L, & Fortune, D. G. (2020). Glass Ceiling vs. Sticky Floor, Sideways Sexism and Priming a Manager to Think Male as Barriers to Equality in Clinical Psychology: An Interpretive Phenomenological Approach – Currently under review with the APA tier 1 journal ‘Professional Psychology: Research and Practice’.
- A weeklong course of daily presentations through the Education Training Board (ETB) Kilkenny/ Carlow for primary school teachers, principals, and Special Needs Assistants on the topic of Special Educational Needs (2020-2021).
- PSI SIG – Autism in Children & Adolescents, Professional Practise Guidelines for Psychologists (2nd Edition); Assessment, Formulation and Diagnosis (2020-2021).
- Book Chapter on the Process of Emotional Regulation for publication in the book Science of Emotional Intelligence, IntechOpen (2021).