Speech and Language Therapist
Registered CORU Speech and Language Therapist SL007989
Irish Association of Speech and Language Therapists IA205316
Claire has over five years’ experience of supporting children presenting with a range of Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN).
Claire graduated with a BSc. Honours Degree in Speech and Language Therapy from the University of East Anglia in 2014. She worked in the National Health Service (NHS) in London for four years in both an early year’s team and a school-aged team. During her time in the NHS, she provided speech and language therapy support to children with SLCN in clinical settings and a specialist autism pre-school unit. She also worked as a specialist SLT in an autism special school and mainstream primary schools.
Claire returned home to Ireland in 2020 and worked with the HSE in North County Dublin completing Assessment of Needs for children aged 0-18 years. Following this she worked with the National Council of Special Education on a project affiliated with the University of Limerick to provide support to teachers in primary and secondary schools to build the teachers capacity to support students presenting with SLCN. She has worked in various team environments with Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Community Paediatricians, Family Liaison Officers, Teachers of the Deaf, Psychologists, SNA’s and teachers. Claire is a new member of the team at the EPT Clinic and is keen to work with and support children and their families to develop children’s communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Speech and Language Therapy: University of East Anglia 2011 – 2014
- Bachelor of Business Studies: University of Limerick 2007 – 2011
- Intensive Interaction, Jan 2022
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Oct 2021
- Lego®- Based Therapy, May 2021
- Therapy Outcome Measures, March 2019
- Talking Mats, Feb 2019
- Social Communication Emotional Regulation Transactional Supports (SCERTS), Oct 2018
- Understanding and Managing Selective Mutism in Children, Feb 2017
- Lis’n Tell – Interactive Storytelling, Jan 2017
- Working Effectively with children who stammer, June 2016
- Lámh – Module One, April 2015
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) – Level 1, Nov 2014
- The Lidcombe Program of Early Stuttering Intervention, June 2014