Perinatal and Baby Service
Support for pregnant and newborn parents… and babies!
“The staff were so knowledgeable, helpful and kind, we cannot thank them enough”
Providing online and face to face support
Minding a Baby’s Mind
Our 6 hour Online Programme for Expecting Parents:
- Protects against stress by educating & preparing expecting parents
- Fosters healthy attachment and positive mental health using a pioneering approach from Harvard University, & the field of Infant Mental Health
- Empowers expecting parents to be the BEST kind of parent they can be – parents explore their parenting identity and style
- The parent & baby are enabled to thrive by accessing cutting edge research from doctors, midwives, paediatricians & psychological specialists
- Equips parents with strategies to manage the challenges of life with a newborn – managing sleep, feeding, crying, playing & communicating with a newborn baby
Perinatal and Baby Service
This service is designed for expecting parents and parents with small babies. The service offers a range of prenatal (before baby is born) and postnatal (after baby is born) services. These include the following:
Perinatal Psychology Support
You can book a consultation with Chartered Psychologist Lorraine O.B. Madden for perinatal psychological support, She works within an Infant Mental Health, Cognitive Behavioural and Psychotherapy Framework. You can also book a session with one of the EPT Clinic’s experience and person – centered counsellors who will support you with any worries you may have as an expecting parent or as an expecting couple.
- Psychology Support €110 per 50 minute session
- Counselling €80 per 50 minute session
Lactation Consultation and Breastfeeding Support
Book in with a member of our Lactation Consultancy Team for breastfeeding support either before or after you have your baby. The credential International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) identifies an experienced member of the health care team who has acquired specialist skill, made an indepth study of breastfeeding and lactation, and passed an exam at Masters’ degree level of difficulty. IBLCE stands for International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners, the organisation that administers the international certification programme. IBLCE’s primary purpose is to certify individuals who provide quality care to babies and mothers worldwide.
- Pre or Postnatal Lactation Consultation plus Tailored Support Plan €160 for 1-5 hours
- Midwifery or Lactation Support Session €80 for 50 mins
Professional Healthcare Support for Babies and Toddlers: 0-18 Months
We know from the research that the early years matter! It is when our brains develop and when we have the highest capacity for learning. This is why we feel it is a great idea to monitor your child’s development, and to put in place some very simple supports to help your baby flourish! We recommend a quick check-in to make sure your child is meeting all their baby milestones.
- Initial Parental Consultation and Brief Report €200: An initial parental consultation involves a discussion with parents, initial feedback and advice, recommendations on how to help their baby or toddler at home and in creche/preschool, and an Initial Consultation Report.
- General Developmental Check for Babies and Toddlers (0-18 months) €200: During this check-in, we use clinical observations, parental consultation and the Ages & Stages Questionnaire® (ASQ®), to provide parents with provided with reliable, accurate developmental and social-emotional screening for children between birth to 2 years. This developmental check has been specifically designed to pinpoint developmental progress and catch delays in very young children—paving the way for meaningful next steps in learning, intervention, or monitoring.
Where can I get help for free?
- The HSE have published a number of really helpful handouts with lots of information in them. Just click in the link to access the HSEs Perinatal Mental Health page where you can download these handouts for free.
- You can also go to your GP or your local Maternity Department at any stage during your pregnancy to access support or information.