Prenatal and Baby Service
This service is designed for expecting parents and parents with small babies. The service offers a range of prenatal (before baby is born) and postnatal (after baby is born) services. These include the following:
Prenatal Psychology Support
You can book a consultation with Psychologist Lorraine O.B. Madden for prenatal psychological support, She works within an Infant Mental Health, Cognitive Behavioural and Psychotherapy Framework. You can also book a session with one of the EPT Clinic’s experience and person – centered counsellors who will support you with any worries you may have as an expecting parent or as an expecting couple.
- Psychology Support €110 per 50 minute session
- Counselling €70 per 50 minute session
Lactation Consultation and Breastfeeding Support
Book in with a member of our Lactation Consultancy Team for breastfeeding support either before or after you have your baby. The credential International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) identifies an experienced member of the health care team who has acquired specialist skill, made an indepth study of breastfeeding and lactation, and passed an exam at Masters’ degree level of difficulty. IBLCE stands for International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners, the organisation that administers the international certification programme. IBLCE’s primary purpose is to certify individuals who provide quality care to babies and mothers worldwide.
- 1.5 hour Prenatal lactation consultation plus Get Started Feeding Plan
- 1.5 hour Postnatal lactation consultation plus Phase 1 Feeding Plan
- 50 minute Postnatal Support Session in the Clinic
- 50 minute Postnatal Support Session Home Visit
- 20 minute Postnatal Telephone/Zoom Support Session
Professional Healthcare Support for Babies and Toddlers: 0-18 Months
We know from the research that the early years matter! It is when our brains develop and when we have the highest capacity for learning. This is why we feel it is a great idea to monitor your child’s development, and to put in place some very simple supports to help your baby flourish! We recommend a quick check-in to make sure your child is meeting all their baby milestones.
- Initial Parental Consultation and Brief Report €200: An initial parental consultation involves a discussion with parents, initial feedback and advice, recommendations on how to help their baby or toddler at home and in creche/preschool, and an Initial Consultation Report.
- General Developmental Check for Babies and Toddlers (0-18 months) €200: During this check-in, we use clinical observations, parental consultation and the Ages & Stages Questionnaire® (ASQ®), to provide parents with provided with reliable, accurate developmental and social-emotional screening for children between birth to 2 years. This developmental check has been specifically designed to pinpoint developmental progress and catch delays in very young children—paving the way for meaningful next steps in learning, intervention, or monitoring.