Child Psychology Intervention with Chartered Senior Psychologist or Therapist
In the EPT Clinic, Senior Psychologists and Senior Therapists offer a range of evidence-based psychology and psychotherapy supports to help children of all ages develop and process their feelings. Therapists draw upon a range of tools such as:
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
• Talk therapy
• Behavioural therapies
• Solution focused therapies
• Video therapies
Psychologists and Therapists use a family – systemic approach, which means they respect and work with the systemic world of the child. This usually involves the child’s family, educational placement or sometimes other healthcare professionals.
• Child: In Ireland under the Child Care Act 1991, the Children Act 2001 and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, a child is defined as anyone under the age of 18.
• Adolescence: Defines that period of childhood extending from puberty to adulthood. (In accordance with Irish law and the UNCRC).
In line with the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP)’s Code of Ethics and Practice, written permission from both parents /legal guardians is sought before commencing therapy with a child or, if it is not possible to obtain written permission from both parents/legal guardians, then written permission must be obtained from at least one parent/legal guardian prior to the commencement of therapy.