Educational and Child Psychologist in-training
Elaine is a Trainee Educational and Child Psychologist completing a Doctorate in Educational Psychology at University College Dublin. Elaine initially trained as a primary school teacher where she graduated from the Bachelor of Education in Education and Psychology programme at Mary Immaculate College in 2018. She taught for several years in both mainstream and special education settings. In 2019, Elaine completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Special and Inclusive Education at Maynooth University and achieved First Class Honours. She has also spent time providing home tuition for children with additional needs such as dyslexia and developmental coordination disorder. Additionally, Elaine has experience designing continuous professional development workshops supporting special education teachers which she has delivered in Education Centers nationwide.
In September 2021, Elaine commenced the Professional Doctorate in Educational and Child Psychology programme at University College Dublin and is currently training to become an Educational and Child Psychologist. Her research interests include restorative practice, attachment, children’s behaviour as communication and best practice in responding to this behaviour. Thus far on her training, Elaine has worked with children and young people with a range of special educational needs gaining experience in the National Learning Network, the HSE Children’s Disability Network Team and the National Educational Psychological Service.
- Doctorate in Educational and Child Psychology (UCD) – current
- Postgraduate Diploma in Special and Inclusive Education (MU)
- Bachelor of Education in Education and Psychology (UL)
Continuous Professional Development
- Mental Health Awareness for Primary School Teachers 2022- Jigsaw
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Therapy (8 week intro) 2022- University College Dublin
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2) 3 Day Training 2021- University College Dublin
- Informing Families 2021- HSE
- Responding to Critical Incidents 2021-NEPS
- Tusla Child Protection Certificate 2021- Tusla