Senior Speech and Language Therapist
CORU Registered Speech and Language Therapist SL016076
Irish Association of Speech and Language Therapists IA090201
Erika Dowling is a Child and Adolescent Speech and Language Therapist. She graduated from Trinity College Dublin with a B.Sc. (Hons) Clinical Speech and Language Studies. In college, Erika was awarded the ‘Undergraduate Award of Ireland’ in the Linguistics Category, and the ‘Trinity Beggs Leask Award’ for best research project.
Erika initially worked with Enable Ireland Children’s Services from 2010-2013. During this time, she worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing assessment and intervention for children aged 6-18years presenting with Primary Physical Disability (e.g., cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy). She also worked on a specialist team providing services for children and adolescents presenting with Developmental Co-ordination Disorder.
Erika now works with the HSE in the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), providing speech and language therapy services for children and adolescents presenting with language and communication difficulties associated with mental health difficulties (e.g., Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
Erika also works part-time with the EPT Clinic whereby she provides comprehensive assessments for children through to adolescents who present with a wide range of speech, language and communication needs. Erika has a special interest in the area of social communication development. Erika is highly experienced in working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide a high quality and evidence-based service for children and adolescents presenting with speech, language and communication needs.
- Sc. Clinical Speech and Language Studies Trinity College Dublin (2005-2009)
- The Practical Management of Eating and Drinking Difficulties in Children, University College London (2011-2012)
- Adolescents Perspectives and Priorities in the design of Augmentative and Alternative Communication Devices. Undergraduate Awards Ireland Publication,
Specialist Training and Qualifications:
- Tony Attwood Autism Webinars (2021)
- Maggie Johnson, Selective Mutism (2020)
- Bhreathnach, SAI Module One, Sensory Processing, Trauma and Attachment (2019)
- Child to Parent Violence and the Non Violent Resistance Programme, LCT Services NUI Galway (2018)
- ADOS – 2 Qualified Assessor, Training Trinity College Dublin (2018)
- Certified Hanen Therapist (Hanen More Than Words 2018)
- Caroline Bowen, Evidence Based Intervention for Children with Speech Sound Disorders (2017)
- Quantitative Behavioural (QB) Assessment Training (2017)
- Foundation Programme in Transgender Awareness
- Practice Education for Speech and Language Therapy, UCC, (2013-2014)
- Skills Training in Dialectal Behavioural Therapy (2013)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)