Hanen – It Takes Two to Talk
It Takes Two to Talk® is a programme developed by The Hanen Centre for parents of children aged between 0 – 5 years old who have a language delay.
September - November Course:Hanen - It Takes Two to Talk Programme
- Wednesday 14th September to Wednesday 23rd November
This programme is led by Claire Walshe, EPT Clinic’s Senior Speech and Language Therapist who received specialist training from The Hanen Centre.
It Takes Two To Talk® is a programme developed by The Hanen Centre for parents of children aged between 0 – 5 years old who have a language delay.
This is an evidenced-based programme recommended by the HSE and the NHS for children under 5 years. Research studies have shown that children’s communication skills improve when parents learn how to use this programme’s strategies to support their child’s language
– A parent in County Westmeath, Ireland
“I have just completed It Takes Two to Talk. What a difference this has made to the quality of life for my little girl. She is more confident and will initiate a conversation and join in activities. Several weeks ago she would not have done so.”
– Patricia, mother of four-year-old Kelly
Why do parents attend the programme?
Parents are the most important people in their child’s life. Parents can be a great support to help develop their child’s communication skills. In the It Takes Two to Talk® programme you will learn practical and effective strategies to support your child’s language development and interaction skills to support them to communicate in their daily activities.
Through these daily activities your child’s communication skills will grow. These skills will help your child learn new words and ideas. You will learn how to involve your child in back and forth conversations, even before they can talk!
What does the It Takes Two to Talk® Programme include?
- 8 informative and personal sessions in small groups for parents only. You will have the opportunity to meet and talk with other parents whose children also have a language delay.
- Plus 3 individual video-based consultations with the Hanen certified speech and language therapist during which you will review videos, talk about the communication goals for your child and what specific strategies you use.
Details of the IT Takes Two to Talk® Programme
- Running from the 14th September to the 23rd November, 2022 inclusive of 8 parent group sessions and 3 individual video-feedback sessions.
- Wednesday evenings from 5-7 pm
- With Claire Walshe – Hanen Certified Speech and Language Therapist
- For Parents of children aged between 0 – 4 years and 11 months old who have a language delay.
- In person, at the EPT Clinic, Floor 2, Smithlands Shopping Centre, Kilkenny.