Speech and Language Therapist
CORU Registered Speech and Language Therapist SL (042092)
Irish Association of Speech and Language Therapists IASLT (1186)
Nicole Donovan is a Child and Adolescent Speech and Language Therapist. Nicole graduated with a B.A. Honours Degree in Psychology in June 2016, before specialising in Speech and Language Therapy and graduating with a Pg. Dip. In Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh in 2019. Nicole engages in continuous upskilling and has adopted a neurodiversity affirming approach to assessment and intervention. Nicole is a Natural Language Acquisition trained therapist and has a keen interest in supporting young people who develop language through Gestalt Language Processing.
Nicole initially worked in the EPT Clinic from 2020 – 2022. During this time, she worked as part of our interdisciplinary team providing assessment and intervention for children and adolescents aged 0-18 year with a wide variety of speech, language and communication needs.
Nicole is also qualified and experienced carrying out autism assessments and developmental assessments in conjunction with the team Psychologist.
Nicole now works with Enable Ireland, Children’s Disability Network Team (CDNT), providing speech and language therapy services for children and adolescents presenting with complex developmental needs. Nicole also works part-time with the EPT Clinic whereby she provides comprehensive assessments for children through to adolescents who present with a wide range of speech, language and communication needs.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Psychology, National College of Ireland, Dublin.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Speech & Language Therapy and Feeding, Eating, Drinking and Swallowing
- (FEDS) Qualification, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh.
- Griffiths III Developmental Scales Certified Training, March 2023
- SOS Approach to Feeding 4-day Training Conference, February 2023
- The Meaningful Speech Course (Natural Language Acquisition), January 2023
- The Autism Diagnostic Interview – Revised (ADI-R) Training, Compass Psychology, January 2023
- DIR 101 Floortime, ICDL, July 2022
- Hanen More Than Words Certification Workshop, November 2020
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule Training (ADOS), Trinity College Dublin, October 2020
- Lámh Module One, January 2020
- Parent and Child Interaction Therapy, Michael Palin Centre for Stammering Course, June 2019