Nicole Donovan Pg. Dip., B.Sc.
Registered CORU Speech and Language Therapist SL042092 Registered with the Irish Association of Speech and Language Therapists IASLT IA206545
Nicole graduated with a B.Sc. Honours Degree in Psychology in June 2016 before specialising in Speech and Language Therapy and graduating with a PgDip from Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh in 2019. Nicole’s foundation in Psychology equipped her with the relevant knowledge to combine her skills and implement therapeutic practices for children and adults with speech, language and communication difficulties.
Prior to commencing her Masters, Nicole worked as an EAL and Resource Teacher in Cistercian College, Roscrea. Nicole worked in tandem with subject teachers to enhance the learning experience of overseas students and prepare them to sit their Cambridge Examinations. As a Resource Teacher, Nicole worked in collaboration with Occupational Therapists to implement individual educational plans for students with a diagnosis of Dyslexia, ADHD, and Dysgraphia and to assist these students overcome their psychosocial and environmental barriers. Nicole is registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland (Registration No: 227454) and has worked as a Substitute Teacher in various Primary Schools in County Tipperary. She was also employed by the Department of Education & Skills as a Home Tutor for July Provision, providing educational support for students diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Nicole completed her Clinical Training in the NHS, as well as with the HSE Primary Care Team in Ballinasloe, Co. Galway. She worked in a Junior Language Class in a mainstream Primary School for children diagnosed with Developmental Language Disorder and Verbal Dyspraxia. Nicole is an Assessor for Disability Access Route to Education (DARE) 2021 for students applying for Undergraduate Courses in Irish Higher Education Institutions in Ireland.
- Bachelor (Honours) in Psychology: The National College of Ireland, 2013-2016
- Speech and Language Therapy PgDip: Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, 2017-2019
- Griffiths III Mental Development Scales (Part I), June
- PECS Training (Pyramid Education Consultants), FebruaryKey Considerations in AAC System Selection, IASLT Workshop, December 2020
- Hanen More Than Words & Tele-practise Training, November
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule Training (ADOS), Trinity College Dublin, October
- Selective Mutism Training Workshop, presented by Maggie Johnson, October
- TUSLA Children First E-Learning Programme, August
- Dysphagia Care Training in the context of IDDSI framework, February
- Lámh Module One, January
- Manual Handling Training, March
- Parent and Child Interaction Therapy, Michael Palin Centre for Stammering Course, June