Proactive Parenting Experience (PPE)
Waiting for a Diagnosis
A 6 hour, neuro-affirmative, evidence based course that supports parents while they are waiting for a diagnosis
This course is for parents who are waiting for an autism or diagnostic assessment, delivered by neuro-diverse facilitators and psychologists.
“Autism is a different way of experiencing and viewing the world, which brings great value to society”
The Proactive Parenting Experience (PPE) provides a safe space for parents to explore their feelings and learn about different ways of learning, thinking and experiencing the world in a neuro-affirmative, mutually respectful way. It equips parents with simple strategies so that they can proactively support their child while they wait for an assessment or diagnosis.
“Getting a good start in your autistic, ADHD, dyslexia or dyspraxia journey … matters”.
- Protects against stress by providing a safe space for parents to speak about their experiences, their concerns, and to ask questions.
- Fosters neuro-affirmative and positive conceptualisation of what autism, ADHD and other neuro-diverge is referencing the most up to date research.
- Is delivered by neuro-diverse facilitators and psychologists.
- Teaches about neuro-diversity.
- Supports parents in speaking with family, friends and their children about their child’s differences and preferences.
- Shares simple strategies and adaptations that can be made in home and school environments to create a more neuro-divergent friendly environment.
- Teaches about self-regulation and family regulation, enabling families to thrive.
- Equips parents with strategies and practical insights to help them manage any worries or challenges that may experience.
Key benefits of this programme
- A safe space to explore positive conceptualisation and understanding of autism, ADHD and neurodiversity.
- Online, live course that you can access from the comfort of your home
- Resources and workbook so that you have a record of the content
- Practical tips for talking to your friends and family about autism, ADHD and dyslexia in a positive, empowering way.
- Created by neurodiverse professionals working alongside the autistic community, psychologists, and parents of children with autism
BOOK HERE - NOVEMBER Course Date:Proactive Parenting Experience (PPE)
- Monday November 7th and Tuesday 8th – 6pm to 9pm