About the PPE
The Proactive Parenting Experience (PPE) is an online, 5 hour, parent support course delivered by EPT Clinic’s expert, neurodiverse psychology team. It is for parents or caregivers who have questions or worries about their child or young person that they would like help with. Parents may be wondering about autism, ADHD, sensory needs, communication, social or emotional – regulation and would like psychological support and advice. Delivered over 2 afternoons or evenings in two 2.5 hour sessions.
*Special Offer* Pay for the 1st 2.5 hours (€199), and get the 2nd day free.
The course is delivered live every month to a small group of parents.
“Really really insightful … helped me understand how my children interpret and navigate the world.”
Parent of an 8 and 10 year old 2023, Ireland
The PPE is suitable for all types of referrals, including children or teenagers who are anxious, presenting with emotional- dysregulation, sensory needs, dysregulated behaviour, non-speaking, speaking, those with co-existing intellectual disabilities and those who are gifted. It is open to those who have an identified neurotype or those who just want to learn more. Each group is tailored to the needs of the parents who present on the course, with parent’s concerns and questions answered by experienced, highly qualified Senior Psychologists and assisting clinicians.
Lorraine O.B. Madden C.Psychol., Ps.S.I. M6672C
Principal Chartered Educational Psychologist and Clinical Director of EPT Clinic
2022 Recipient of the “Contribution to Professional Practice” award from the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI)
Psychology Traumatologist and Attachment Specialist
Member of the Special Interest Group in Autism PSI
The programme aims to:
- Provide a safe space for parents/caregivers of children and young people to bring their worries, concerns and questions.
- Teach parents and caregivers about neurodiversity in a neuro-affirmative and positive way, referencing the most up to date research.
- Offer practical advice on all things neurodivergent, and related to child development and parenting.
- Reduce parental anxiety and stress.
- Is delivered by neurodivergent and neurotypical clinicians and psychologists.
- Shares simple strategies and adaptations with parents that can be made in the home and in school environments to foster a neurodiverse informed living and learning experience for your child.
- Teaches about sensory and emotional regulation enabling families to thrive.
Accessible for Everyone
Experienced Healthcare Professionals
Child-Centered Best Practice
“Giving us ownership and language around supporting the school and out child’s needs”.
Parent of an 8 year old, Mid – East of Ireland, 2023.
“Hearing the lived experience and getting used to the language. Framing my child experience as a strength rather than a negative”.
Parent of a 3 and 4 year old, Midlands 2023.
“Getting the right support early on matters…”