BSc. M.A.O.T.I. BSc. (Hons) Occupational
Therapist CORU Registered Occupational Therapist OT 023579
Member of the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland (AOTI) 2620
Senior Consultant Paediatric Occupational Therapist with the EPT Clinic
Maureen Ryan graduated from Trinity College Dublin in 1991 and has over 25 years’ experience working as an Occupational Therapist. She has worked in a variety of hospital and clinical settings including Dublin, London, Essex, and New Zealand before moving to Waterford. She worked as a Senior Occupational Therapist in Waterford and Kilkenny HSE Community Based Services and in the Central Remedial Clinic (CRC). Maureen has post-graduate training in Neurodevelopmental/Bobath Therapy, Therapeutic Listening, Sensory Processing, Handwriting without Tears and the SmartMoves movement programme. She is a member of the Paediatric Advisory Group for the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland.
She engages in professional development in areas that are related to childhood development and therapeutic techniques, housing and environmental modifications and general Occupational Therapy so
she can provide the best quality of care to her clients. She qualified as an ADOS-2 Clinical Administrator in 2016.
Maureen currently works as a Consultant Paediatric Occupational Therapist with the EPT Clinic, Kilkenny. She specialises in the assessment and treatment of children with early developmental delay, children on the Autism Spectrum, children with DCD/Dyspraxia, sensory processing difficulties, chromosomal disorders and other learning/motor delays. Maureen provides evidence-based care, working with children and their families to maximise their occupational performance. Her approach is to listen closely to families concerns and work with all those involved in the child’s life.
Maureen also runs a private Occupational Therapy Practice offering clinic-based, or home/school-based assessments and treatment. She is also a member of the Paediatric Advisory Group for the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland.
Maureen’s University Qualifications:
- Trinity College, Dublin, Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.) in Occupational Therapy (Honours): 1986 – 1991
- Personal Insights: In extraordinary times look to the brave and resilient for example: News from Member Organisations June 2020 – Ireland
Specialist Training and Qualifications:
- Sensory Attachment Intervention Adolescents and Adults: 2019
- DMM: Attachment and Psychopathology with Pat Crittenden: 2019
- Just Right State Course (Sensory Attachment Intervention): 2021
- Sensory Attachment Intervention Foundation Module: 2019
- ADOS Qualified Assessor Training Trinity College Dublin: 2016