Sinéad Egan C. Psychol. Ps S.I
Senior Consulting Psychologist
Chartered Educational Psychologist
Sinéad is highly qualified and experienced in working with children and young people with complex developmental disabilities and mental health needs e.g., intellectual, sensory and physical disabilities, autism, ADHD, attachment disorders, depression, anxiety, selective mutism and others; as well as children in care, across a range of settings (educational, psychological, residential and day services). She is a Senior Psychologist in the HSE and works part time as a Senior Consulting Psychologist with EPT Clinic.
Sinéad received a scholarship to NUI Maynooth where she completed her honours degree in Psychology. She then worked for some years with autistic children and adolescents with complex developmental needs. Sinéad then went on to work with autistic adults and adults with acquired brain injuries in both residential and rehabilitation settings. She also completed a Masters in Applied Psychology in Trinity College Dublin, for which she received a first class honours. She then completed her professional qualification and training in Educational Psychology in University College Dublin, receiving a first class honours.
Sinéad has completed many other trainings, qualifications and CPD, for instance in CBT, Family Therapy, and many others. She is an active committee member of the Autism Special Interest Group within the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI). Sinéad is also a recurring lecturer on the UCD Educational Psychology Doctoral Programme.
Sinéad works to provide psychological assessments and therapeutic supports to children, young people and their families and support systems. Sinéad has a particular interest and expertise in areas of attachment, intellectual disability, autism, and co-occurring mental health needs, as well as multi-element and enhanced support planning. Sinéad worked for many years in various HSE teams, and is currently providing a professional psychology service within a HSE Children’s Disability Network Team in Dublin.
- University College Dublin, Master of Arts (M.A.) in Educational Psychology (First class honours), 2 –
- Trinity College, Dublin, Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Applied Psychology (First class honours), –
- NUI Maynooth, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), in Psychology ( –
Specialist Training and Qualifications:
Attention Autism, certificate
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-II) clinical training
- Babies in Mind; Why the parents mind matters, certificate
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Diploma
- Griffiths Developmental Scales (3rd Ed) training
- Irish Sign Language, Levels One and Two
- Lighthouse- Mentalisation based training
- SCERTS trained (certificate)
- Somatic Experiencing – introduction
- TEACCH, certificate
- Attachment Based Family Therapy training
- Triple P- Stepping Stones (for parents of a child with disabilities)
- Video Interactive Guidance (VIG)
- Working with vulnerable children/children in care, certificate