Suzy Byrne MIAPTP 224 works with the EPT Clinic as a Play Therapist, Assistant Psychologist BPS and EFPA Certified Ability Assessor
Suzy graduated with an Honours degree in Psychology in 2013 from Waterford Institute of Technology. She then spent time working within HSE and State Body Health Care organisations, working with young people and adults with disability (including Autism and Intellectual Disabilities) and mental health needs. Suzy then undertook a Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy (2017), and begun working with young children with complex needs.
She is currently studying the MA in Creative Play therapy and Psychotherapy at the Children’s Therapy Centre, Co. Westmeath which qualify her as a Psychotherapist as well as a Play Therapist. Suzy has also completed a diploma in Applied Behaviour Analysis with City Colleges.
Suzy has worked abroad with SLV in the area of special needs and teaching, working in various schools and orphanages, teaching English and implementing Individual Educational Plans. She has extensive experience in Positive Behaviour Support, challenging behaviour and Autism. She has implemented various plans and programmes put in place by the service.
Continuous Professional Development and Training:
- CPI Mapa
- Lámh (module 1)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults (Prevention of Abuse)
- Children’s First
- Buccal Midazolam Training
- Mental Health Awareness Training
- Safe Talk (Suicide Awareness)
- Boundary Management
- Autism Awareness Training
- WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Planning) for mental health
- Motivational Interviewing
- Sexuality and Relationships Training
- Manual Handling
- Medication Management
- All Babies Count: Why Babyhood Matters (The Squiggle Foundation)
- Committee Member of the South East Infant Mental Health Interest Group
- Domestic Violence Training
- Qualified Play Therapist and Assistant Psychologist MIAPTP 224
- Qualified BPS and EFPA Certified Ability Assessor.
- BA Honours Degree in Psychology from Waterford Institute of Technology
- Currently studying MA in Creative Play Therapy and Psychotherapy from Children’s Therapy Centre, Ballymore, Co. Westmeath
- Diploma in Applied Behaviour Analysis (Autism and Related Conditions)