Adult Team Autism Assessment
Adult Autism assessments are carried out by the EPT Clinic in a sensitive, kind, respectful way.
The client is provided with information about the assessment and Autism at the beginning of the process, and they are allocated a key worker so that they know who to contact if they have any queries or concerns along the way. Adults are encouraged to bring along a support person if they wish, because it can be a daunting process initially.
- Using “gold standard” techniques, including a team based approach.
- Getting results back in a timely manner
- Using a person centred approach – we – we have a counsellor/ psychotherapist as part of our adult team.
- We also include a complementary follow up counselling/psychotherapy session 6 weeks after the assessment to make sure you are okay and to provide you with extra support after the assessment.
Stages of the Assessment:
- Keyworker allocated
- Information on Autism sent to client
- Background form is completed by client and reviewed by keyworker
Phase Two – With Keyworker and Psychotherapist
- What brings you to the EPT Clinic
- Teenaged years
- Adult life
- Current concerns
- Autism questions
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule 2 (ADOS 2)
- Psychology assessment of sensory Processing, wellbeing and adaptive check in
Keyworker will then:
- Complete the report.
- Discuss with team.
- Carries out follow up letters to GP as required, telephone calls if requested etc.
Feedback appointment with client is carried out
Phase Four – Complementary
- Follow up appointment at 6 weeks
Additional Add on Elements:
Cognitive AND Academic assessment add on €400
Speech and Language Therapy Assessment €300
Occupational Therapy Assessment Add on (includes movement, fine motor, sensory and writing assessment) €300
Mental Health Assessment with Clinical Psychologist €500