The EPT Clinic
Excellence in Paediatric Healthcare
Providing education, psychology and therapy to expecting parents, babies, toddlers, children, adolescents, young adults and parents.
“The staff and therapists at the EPT Clinic are fantastic. They were amazing with both of us. I couldn’t recommend them enough. Everything was perfect from start to finish”
– Parent, 2019
What We Do
We are a private child and family health service based in Kilkenny, Ireland. We aim to support babies, toddlers, children and young people’s well being, development and learning. We offer psychology, psychotherapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, speech and language therapy, and occupational therapy to children of all ages.
Our Approach in the Clinic
Our clinic operates a family-systemic, disability and mental health service which offers multi-disciplinary assessments, interventions, psycho-education and therapy to children and families. We also offer training and courses to parents, children, teachers and professionals on a range of topics – online and in person.
Our 6 hour Online Programme for Expecting Parents:
- Protects against stress by educating & preparing expecting parents
- Fosters healthy attachment and positive mental health using a pioneering approach from Harvard University, & the field of Infant Mental Health
- Empowers expecting parents to be the BEST kind of parent they can be – parents explore their parenting identity and style
- The parent & baby are enabled to thrive by accessing cutting edge research from doctors, midwives, paediatricians & psychological specialists
- Equips parents with strategies to manage the challenges of life with a newborn – managing sleep, feeding, crying, playing & communicating with a newborn baby
Lorraine O.B. Madden
C. Psychol., Ps.S.I. M6672 M.A. B. Ed. Psych. Ad.Dip.
Clinical Director Lorraine O.B. Madden C. Psychol., Ps.S.I. M6672 M.A. B. Ed. Psych. Ad.Dip. is a Chartered Psychologist, registered with the Psychological Society of Ireland. She worked in the HSE in Children’s Services before opening the EPT Clinic in 2019. Lorraine and the clinic’s highly qualified team believe in helping all children reach their full potential.
Prenatal and Baby
Conception to 18 months
Early Intervention Service
Child & Adolescent Service
Specialist Autism Services
Online Learning and Therapy
Online Programmes and Learning
Online Therapy / Intervention